BioRepository Center (BRC): Services
The BRC encourages prospective, hypothesis-driven studies of any kind, and is set up to assist investigators in the planning and execution of such projects. The BRC staff can assist PIs in arranging collaborations between clinical and basic scientists, obtaining IRB approval, coordinating the consenting process, and obtaining and storing appropriate biospecimens. Dr. Rachel Brody, director of the BRC, is available for consultations with investigators for project planning and for grant writing assistance.
Technical services routinely offered by the BRC include:
- Inventory of stored samples for preliminary or future studies
- Retrieval of stored samples for processing by the Histopathology Core
- Retrieval of tissues for the construction of tissue microarrays
- Creation of tissue microarrays
- Collection and retrieval of tissues for RNA and DNA preparation
- Isolation of nucleic acids from fresh, frozen, or formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues
Complementary Services by the Histology and Immunohistochemistry Core Laboratories include: microtomy of paraffin-embedded and frozen tissue samples, macro and microdissection of tissue blocks, histochemical staining, immunohistochemistry, and in situ hybridization.