Sanger DNA Sequencing
Traditional (Sanger) Sequencing at the Genome Technology Center has been discontinued. We now recommend services provided by GENEWIZ or Macrogen. Please visit either website to set up an account, payable by purchase order or credit card. Substantial NYULMC discounts are available through both vendors.
To order GENEWIZ services, please complete an online order form and prepare samples according to GENEWIZ submission guidelines. Daily pickup service is arranged at drop boxes strategically located around the campus. Results can be retrieved from the GENEWIZ website the day following sample submission.
The GENEWIZ drop boxes are at the following locations:
- NYULMC, Smilow, 11th floor, Room 1107
- NYULMC, MSB, 5th floor, Room 594
- NYULMC, Skirball, 4th floor, Mailroom
- NYU College of Dentistry, Schwartz, 10th floor, Cold Room
- NYU Washington Square, Brown, 9th floor, Room 951
- NYU Washington Square, Center for Genomics and Systems Biology, Basement, Elevator Vestibule
GENEWIZ collects samples Monday - Friday. Cut-off time for collection is 6:00 pm in the NYULMC area, and 5:30 pm at the Washington Square campus. For samples submitted on Fridays, results are made available on Saturdays.
To request additional drop box locations or pricing information, please contact one of the following GENEWIZ sales representatives:
Beth Anne Willert
Senior Sales Executive
(877)436-3949 ext. 3203
(877)436-3949 ext 3255
The Macrogen drop boxes are at the following locations:
- VA Hospital 18th floor South, Room 18091 A-S
- Parasitology 1st floor (next to elevator)
- Smilow Building 11th floor (Dr. Pagano’s lab)
- Smilow Building 3rd floor (in the Glass washing room)
- Smilow Building 2nd floor (Dr. Reinberg’s lab)
- Medical Science Building 5th floor, Room 590
- Skirball Building 2nd floor (in front of Glass Washing Room)
Macrogen offers a guaranteed 24-hour turnaround time. Click here for pricing information (which includes a NYU discount).
Their sales representative can be contacted at:
Steve Haijong Park